As this year comes to an end, I wanted to look back at all of the firsts that we experienced in the few days we spent in Mexico. From the trip to traditions, I couldn’t help but feel lucky that we were able to experience these firsts together. One Lucky Mama is exactly what I am. Here is a little recap for you plus a little silly poem at the end wishing you a new year full of happy firsts, and happiness.
- First airplane ride for T
- First flight for a family of four
- First time in Mexico for T
- First time meeting cousins’ kids for T. M was too young when we took him when he was one, so we are counting it as a first for him as well.
- First time going out to beautiful Coyoacan together.
- First time sleeping in an apartment instead of my mom’s house in Mexico ever.
- First time the boys shared a room and a bed together. They were so happy to be together, they would fall asleep playing and wake up at the exact same time to tell each other their dreams and start playing again. They are the cutest!
- First time going out to dinner in the city by ourselves without family just the 4 of us.
- First shower for T and loving it (we always take baths at home).
- First piano lesson for M from my Tío Jorge. They were so cute together.
- First time playing chase with my fabulous aunt, Tia Mara
- First time M was the oldest kid hitting Piñata. Usually, there have always been bigger kids around to break the piñata. This time it was all him.
- First gingerbread house, tree & train for both boys. That is one American tradition I had not ever thought of incorporating into our lives. Who knew we would love doing it in Mexico instead? Thanks, Tia Mara, it was such fun!
- First time M sang in Spanish for the whole family. He was amazing. I wish I could share that with you. I was ready to throw my computer against the wall when it deleted the video, but that is a whole other post.
A little poem for you:
New Year’s Wishes
May your year be full of first.
May love always quench your thirst.
May your loved ones make you smile.
May their embrace reach for miles.
May you always try each day
To find a new fun way to play.
May your days be full of kisses
Full of cuddles and warm wishes.
May the New Year bring new joys,
And love for always for all you know.
Happy New Year, friends, new and old.
Hope your riches feel like gold.
Love forever and good health, too
Is what I wish for all of you.
Malu Talan 2014